Nightmares are frequently comorbid with other sleep and mental health disorders in US military personnel.
Elderly patients have a higher prevalence of chronic pain than younger adults.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
Over 56% of the participants were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
The study supports previous findings that hyperarousal of the inflammatory system may contribute to insulin resistance.
Every decrease in standard deviation of the amount of REM sleep was correlated with a 23% increased risk of atrial fibrillation.
The Pain-Related Beliefs and Attitudes about Sleep (PBAS) scale offers a tool to assess the interaction between sleep, insomnia and chronic pain.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Telephone-based CBT significantly improves symptoms of insomnia in menopausal women.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Autonomic Function May Have Directional Effect on Depression
- Transference in the Age of #MeToo: What Counts as Harassment From a Patient?
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Influence of Psychostimulants on BMI and Height in Youth With ADHD
- Medication Adherence Predictors in Patients With Severe Psychiatric Disorders
- Incidence of Extrapyramidal Symptoms Higher With Certain Antidepressants
- Little Evidence Nicotine Preloading Helps Smokers Quit
- Acute Insomnia Found to Be Common Among Good Sleepers