The authors argue that identifying and treating sleep disorders during early stages may have a positive impact on outcomes in psychiatric patients.
Nightmares are frequently comorbid with other sleep and mental health disorders in US military personnel.
Elderly patients have a higher prevalence of chronic pain than younger adults.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
Over 56% of the participants were still in full remission at 1-year follow-up.
The study supports previous findings that hyperarousal of the inflammatory system may contribute to insulin resistance.
Every decrease in standard deviation of the amount of REM sleep was correlated with a 23% increased risk of atrial fibrillation.
The Pain-Related Beliefs and Attitudes about Sleep (PBAS) scale offers a tool to assess the interaction between sleep, insomnia and chronic pain.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Telephone-based CBT significantly improves symptoms of insomnia in menopausal women.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Aggression in Bipolar I Disorder and Psychosis Associated With Suicide Ideation, Alcohol Abuse
- Moving Associated With Increased Risk for Psychosis in Children, Adolescents
- Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Associated With Reduction in Anxiety Symptoms
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated