Information on characteristics and duration of particular insomnia types.
For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Many cervical cancer survivors experience fatigue, insomnia, and hot flashes years later.
Doctors who prescribed a particular insomnia medication in the past were 3 times as likely to continue prescribing the same drug.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
American College of Physician researchers have released 2 recommendations for treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
Young adults with sleep problems may be at higher risk for developing chronic pain or worsening pain severity.
The association between sleep disturbance and inflammation provides support for the possible etiopathogenic role of chronobiological disturbances.
Researchers suggest that there are more effective or adjunctive interventions to resolve symptoms of RBD.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- Classification Models for Diagnosing Schizophrenia With MRI Neuroimaging
- Sodium Valproate May Lower Amygdala Volume in Pediatric Bipolar Disorder
- Putting Patients in the Physician's Seat: Smartphone Technology Is Changing the Healthcare Landscape
- Unhealthy Food Behaviors May Signal Eating Disorder in Teens
- As Immigration Policies Tighten, Physician Shortage Concerns Grow