For pediatric patients with chronic pain, PTSD symptoms may be linked with higher levels of pain intensity.
Many cervical cancer survivors experience fatigue, insomnia, and hot flashes years later.
Doctors who prescribed a particular insomnia medication in the past were 3 times as likely to continue prescribing the same drug.
Overall, 26 of the 34 studies suggested a positive relationship between insomnia and depression.
After 10 years follow-up, researchers found that women who experienced surgical menopause were more likely to suffer worse insomnia symptoms.
American College of Physician researchers have released 2 recommendations for treatment of chronic insomnia disorder.
Young adults with sleep problems may be at higher risk for developing chronic pain or worsening pain severity.
The association between sleep disturbance and inflammation provides support for the possible etiopathogenic role of chronobiological disturbances.
Researchers suggest that there are more effective or adjunctive interventions to resolve symptoms of RBD.
Children who had high blood lead levels reported insomnia and use of sleeping pills much higher than those with low lead levels.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Psychiatric Comorbidities Increase Neurologic Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Self-Regulation Interventions Beneficial for Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury Associated With Increased Risk for Dementia
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- Depression and Sleep Disturbances: Common Bedfellows