Generic Name and Formulations:
Valbenazine 40mg; caps.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for INGREZZA:
Take with or without food. Initially 40mg once daily; increase to 80mg once daily after 1 week. For some patients, continuation of 40mg once daily may be considered. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inducers: not recommended. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP2D6 inhibitors, poor CYP2D6 metabolizers: consider reducing dose.
Somnolence. Avoid in congenital long QT syndrome or arrhythmias associated with a prolonged QT interval. Poor CYP2D6 metabolizers. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 5 days after final dose).
See Adults. Avoid concomitant with MAOIs (eg, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline). Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin). May be potentiated by strong CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, paroxetine, fluoxetine, quinidine). Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort). Monitor digoxin levels; dose adjustment may be needed.
Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2) inhibitor.
Somnolence, anticholinergic effects, balance disorders/fall, headache, akathisia, vomiting, nausea, arthralgia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder