Both men and women with HIV were more likely to experience comorbid psychiatric conditions than their peers without an HIV diagnosis.
This nationwide population-based cohort study is currently the largest study to examine infections as a predictor of death by suicide.
Neuroimaging studies have shown several neurophysiological substrates for depression: An overview by Theodore Henderson, MD, PhD.
Peripheral Inflammatory Markers Are Associated With Psychomotor Retardation in Major Depressive DisorderJune 22, 2016
Psychomotor retardation is associated with poor response to antidepressant treatment.
Although inconclusive, late-onset Alzheimer's Disease could be triggered by infectious pathogens.
In those suffering from clinical depression, two inflammatory markers, CRP and IL-6, were found to be elevated by up to 50%.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Low-Dose Dexmedetomidine Reduces Postoperative Delirium in Older Patients
- Lithium Side Effects for Bipolar Disorder Lead to Lower Prescription Rates
- First-Episode Schizophrenia Approaches Aided by Guidelines Instrument
- Predictors of Favorable Outcomes in First-Episode Psychosis Without Medication
- Patient Perception of Provider Engagement Impacts Progress
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Antipsychotic Switching in Schizophrenia: Immediate vs Gradual Discontinuation
- Bipolar Disorder Monotherapy Treatment Approved
- Slightly Higher HIV Screening in Patients With Severe Mental Illness
- Treating Pain in Depression May Improve Cognitive, Functional Outcomes