Both men and women with HIV were more likely to experience comorbid psychiatric conditions than their peers without an HIV diagnosis.
This nationwide population-based cohort study is currently the largest study to examine infections as a predictor of death by suicide.
Neuroimaging studies have shown several neurophysiological substrates for depression: An overview by Theodore Henderson, MD, PhD.
Peripheral Inflammatory Markers Are Associated With Psychomotor Retardation in Major Depressive DisorderJune 22, 2016
Psychomotor retardation is associated with poor response to antidepressant treatment.
Although inconclusive, late-onset Alzheimer's Disease could be triggered by infectious pathogens.
In those suffering from clinical depression, two inflammatory markers, CRP and IL-6, were found to be elevated by up to 50%.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses