INFANTS' MOTRIN CONCENTRATED DROPS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 50mg/1.25mL; berry-flavored susp; original or dye-free; alcohol-free.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for INFANTS' MOTRIN CONCENTRATED DROPS:
Minor aches and pain. Fever.
Use appropriate formulation and give every 6–8 hours. <6months: not recommended. 12–17lbs: 50mg. 18–23lbs: 75mg. 24–35lbs: 100mg. 36–47lbs: 150mg. 48–59lbs: 200mg. 60–71lbs: 250mg. 72–95lbs: 300mg.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding or persistent sore throat (do not use >2 days or children <3 years). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Dehydration. Reevaluate if no relief within 24 hours of treatment; pain or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Susp—1oz, 4oz; Drops—½ oz, 1oz
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV