INFANTS' ADVIL CONCENTRATED DROPS OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 50mg/1.25mL; grape or white-grape flavor; susp; alcohol-free.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for INFANTS' ADVIL CONCENTRATED DROPS:
Minor aches and pain. Fever.
Use appropriate formulation and give every 6–8 hours. <6months: not recommended. 12–17lbs: 50mg. 18–23lbs: 75mg. 24–35lbs: 100mg. 36–47lbs: 150mg. 48–59lbs: 200mg. 60–71lbs: 250mg. 72–95lbs: 300mg.
Aspirin allergy. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery.
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding or persistent sore throat (do not use >2 days or children <3 years). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Dehydration. Reevaluate if no relief within 24 hours of treatment; pain or fever persists or worsens >3 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics.
GI upset/bleed, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Susp—4oz; Drops—½ oz; Junior chewable tabs—24; Junior tabs—24
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Associated With Depression in Young Adults
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management