INCRUSE ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Umeclidinium 62.5mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation; contains lactose.
Indications for INCRUSE ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
Take at same time every day. 1 inhalation every 24hrs.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Reevaluate periodically. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm (use alternatives) or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Severe hepatic impairment. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, cough, arthralgia; visual disturbances, paradoxical bronchospasm.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder