INCRUSE ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Umeclidinium 62.5mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation; contains lactose.
Indications for INCRUSE ELLIPTA:
Long-term maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
Take at same time every day. 1 inhalation every 24hrs.
Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Not indicated for relief of acute bronchospasm. Do not initiate in rapidly or acutely deteriorating COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Reevaluate periodically. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm (use alternatives) or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Prostatic hyperplasia. Bladder-neck obstruction. Severe hepatic impairment. Labor and delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects with concomitant other anticholinergic-containing drugs; avoid.
Nasopharyngitis, URTI, cough, arthralgia; visual disturbances, paradoxical bronchospasm.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders