Generic Name and Formulations:
Mecasermin 10mg/mL; soln for SC inj; contains benzyl alcohol.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for INCRELEX:
Growth failure in children with severe primary IGF-1 deficiency (Primary IGFD) or in those with growth hormone (GH) gene deletion who have developed neutralizing antibodies to GH.
Limitations Of use:
Not a substitute to GH for approved GH indications.
Closed epiphyses: not recommended.
Administer before or after (+/–20 minutes) a meal/snack; rotate inj sites. <2yrs: not established. ≥2yrs: initially 0.04 to 0.08mg/kg SC twice daily; may increase after 1 week by 0.04mg/kg per dose; max 0.12mg/kg twice daily.
Growth promotion in patients with closed epiphyses. Active or suspected neoplasia. IV administration.
Not for secondary forms of IGF-1 deficiency. Correct thyroid and nutritional deficiences before treatment. Measure preprandial glucose level before treatment and monitor until a tolerated dose is established. Reduce dose if hypoglycemia occurs despite adequate food intake with therapy. Monitor for lymphoid tissue hypertrophy complications. Do funduscopic exam for intracranial hypertension at the start of therapy, then periodically. Evaluate any child with onset of limp or hip/knee pain for possible slipped capital femoral epiphysis. Monitor for progression of scoliosis. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Recombinant human insulin-like growth factor-1 (rhIGF-1).
Hypoglycemia, local/systemic hypersensitivity (including anaphylaxis), lymphoid tissue hypertrophy (eg, tonsillar and adenoidal hypertrophy); intracranial hypertension.
Multidose vial (40mg/vial)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding