IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 2mg, simethicone 125mg; chew tabs; caplets; mint flavored; contains calcium.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF:
Diarrhea with gas.
Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. Initially 2 chew tabs or caplets, then 1 chew tab or caplet after each loose stool; max 4 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
<6yrs: consult physician. Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. ≥6yrs: initially 1 chew tab or caplet, then ½ chew tab or caplet after each loose stool. 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): max 2 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): max 3 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Antidiarrheal + antiflatulent.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling