IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Loperamide HCl 2mg, simethicone 125mg; chew tabs; caplets; mint flavored; contains calcium.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for IMODIUM MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF:
Diarrhea with gas.
Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. Initially 2 chew tabs or caplets, then 1 chew tab or caplet after each loose stool; max 4 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
<6yrs: consult physician. Chew tabs: take with 4–8oz of water after each dose. ≥6yrs: initially 1 chew tab or caplet, then ½ chew tab or caplet after each loose stool. 48–59lbs (6–8yrs): max 2 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days. 60–95lbs (9–11yrs): max 3 tabs or caplets per day for 2 days.
If constipation must be avoided. Acute dysentery.
Acute ulcerative colitis and antibiotic induced pseudomembranous colitis; discontinue if abdominal distention occurs. In dehydration, use fluid and electrolyte replacement. Hepatic dysfunction; monitor for CNS toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Antidiarrheal + antiflatulent.
Abdominal pain, distention, constipation, dry mouth, nausea, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, rash.
Caps—30; A-D Caplets—6, 12, 18, 24; A-D Liq—2oz, 4oz; Multi-Symptom Caplets—12, 42; Multi-Symptom Chew tabs—18, 42
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes