Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluocinolone acetonide 0.19mg; implant for intravitreal inj.
Indications for ILUVIEN:
Diabetic macular edema (DME) in patients who have been previously treated with a course of corticosteroids without a significant rise in intraocular pressure.
Give by intravitreal inj. See full labeling for administration.
Ocular or periocular infections. Glaucoma.
Monitor for increased intraocular pressure and endophthalmitis; may include check for perfusion of the optic nerve head immediately, tonometry within 30 mins, and biomicroscopy between 2–7 days post inj. Risk of secondary ocular infections (eg, bacterial, fungal, viral). History of ocular herpes simplex: not recommended. Risk of implant migration if absent or torn posterior capsule of the lens. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Cataract development, increased intraocular pressure; injection-related effects (eg, endophthalmitis, eye inflammation, retinal detachments), others.
Single-use applicator—1 (w. needle)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder