Generic Name and Formulations:
Ifosfamide 1g, 3g; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for IFEX:
Third-line adjunctive treatment of germ cell testicular cancer.
Give by slow IV infusion over at least 30 mins. 1.2g/m2 per day for 5 consecutive days; repeat every 3 weeks or after hematological recovery (platelets ≥100000/µL, WBC ≥4000/µL).
Severe bone marrow depression.
Discontinue if neurologic effects (eg, somnolence, confusion, hallucinations) occur. Do urinalysis before each dose, postpone dose if hematuria occurs. Give mesna and at least 2L fluids daily. Do hematologic profile before each dose; discontinue if WBCs <2000/µL or platelets <50000/µL. May interfere with wound healing. Impaired hepatic, renal, or hematopoetic function. Prior radiation therapy or other cytotoxic agents. Ensure adequate hydration. Pregnancy (Cat.D). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of myelosuppression with other chemotherapy agents.
Alopecia, GI upset, hematuria, CNS toxicity, infection, renal or liver dysfunction, phlebitis, fever, urotoxicity (eg, hemorrhagic cystitis), leukopenia, thrombocytopenia.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder