Generic Name and Formulations:
Enasidenib 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Indications for IDHIFA:
Treatment of adults with relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with an isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 (IDH2) mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Swallow whole. Take at same time each day. Initially 100mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity; treat for a minimum of 6 months to allow time for response. Monitoring and dose modifications for toxicities: see full labeling.
Risk of differentiation syndrome (may be fatal if not treated). If differentiation syndrome is suspected, initiate oral or IV corticosteroids and hemodynamic monitoring until resolution; interrupt dose if severe pulmonary symptoms requiring intubation or ventilator support, and/or renal dysfunction persist >48hrs after corticosteroid initiation. Assess blood counts/chemistries for leukocytosis and tumor lysis syndrome prior to initiation; monitor at minimum of every 2 weeks for at least the first 3 months during therapy. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential and males (w. female partners) should use effective contraception during and for at least 1 month after final dose. Pregnancy: not recommended (exclude status prior to initiation). Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for at least 1 month after final dose).
May increase or decrease concentrations of combined hormonal contraceptives.
Isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 (IDH2) inhibitor.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, elevated bilirubin, decreased appetite; differentiation syndrome, leukocytosis, tumor lysis syndrome.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed