Generic Name and Formulations:
Enasidenib 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Indications for IDHIFA:
Treatment of adults with relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with an isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 (IDH2) mutation as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Swallow whole. Take at same time each day. Initially 100mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity; treat for a minimum of 6 months to allow time for response. Monitoring and dose modifications for toxicities: see full labeling.
Risk of differentiation syndrome (may be fatal if not treated). If differentiation syndrome is suspected, initiate oral or IV corticosteroids and hemodynamic monitoring until resolution; interrupt dose if severe pulmonary symptoms requiring intubation or ventilator support, and/or renal dysfunction persist >48hrs after corticosteroid initiation. Assess blood counts/chemistries for leukocytosis and tumor lysis syndrome prior to initiation; monitor at minimum of every 2 weeks for at least the first 3 months during therapy. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Females of reproductive potential and males (w. female partners) should use effective contraception during and for at least 1 month after final dose. Pregnancy: not recommended (exclude status prior to initiation). Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for at least 1 month after final dose).
May increase or decrease concentrations of combined hormonal contraceptives.
Isocitrate dehydrogenase-2 (IDH2) inhibitor.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, elevated bilirubin, decreased appetite; differentiation syndrome, leukocytosis, tumor lysis syndrome.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder