Hydroxyzine HCl Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydroxyzine HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydroxyzine HCl:
25 mg 3–4 times daily.
<6yrs: 50mg daily. ≥6yrs: 50–100mg daily. Both in divided doses.
Early pregnancy. Allergy to cetirizine or levocetirizine.
Elderly. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, narcotics, non-narcotic analgesics, barbiturates); reduce dose of these agents.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, tremor, convulsions.
Formerly known under the brand name Atarax.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder