Hydroxyzine HCl Syrup Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydroxyzine HCl 10mg/5mL; contains alcohol 0.5%.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydroxyzine HCl Syrup:
25 mg 3–4 times daily.
<6yrs: 50mg daily. ≥6yrs: 50–100mg daily. Both in divided doses.
Early pregnancy. Allergy to cetirizine or levocetirizine.
Elderly. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, narcotics, non-narcotic analgesics, barbiturates); reduce dose of these agents.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, tremor, convulsions.
Formerly known under the brand name Atarax.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?