Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, homatropine methylbromide 1.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets:
≥12yrs: 1 tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 3 tabs/24hrs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Risk of life-threatening respiratory depression (esp. in children). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs.
Respiratory depression, drowsiness, hypertension, orthostatic hypotension, palpitations, anticholinergic effects, sedation, anxiety, nausea, rash, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand name Hycodan.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder