Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, homatropine methylbromide 1.5mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydrocodone Bitartrate/Homatropine Methylbromide Tablets:
≥12yrs: 1 tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 6 tabs/24hrs.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: ½ tab every 4–6hrs as needed; max 3 tabs/24hrs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Risk of life-threatening respiratory depression (esp. in children). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Hypothyroidism. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs.
Respiratory depression, drowsiness, hypertension, orthostatic hypotension, palpitations, anticholinergic effects, sedation, anxiety, nausea, rash, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand name Hycodan.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses