Hydralazine Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydralazine HCl 10mg, 25mg, 50mg, 100mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hydralazine Tablets:
Initially 10mg 4 times daily for 2–4 days, then increase to 25mg 4 times daily for rest of 1st week, then to 50mg 4 times daily; max 300mg/day.
Initially 0.75mg/kg per day in 4 divided doses, increase gradually over 3–4 weeks; max 7.5mg/kg or 200mg daily.
Coronary artery disease. Mitral valve disease.
Suspected coronary artery disease. Cerebrovascular accidents. Aortic aneurysm. Increased intracranial pressure. Renal disease. Treat paresthesias and/or numbness with pyridoxine. Discontinue if blood dyscrasias occur. Obtain CBC and ANA titer periodically; consider discontinuing if SLE occurs. Surgery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with MAOIs. Profound hypotension with potent parenteral antihypertensives (eg, diazoxide). Antagonized by NSAIDs. May block epinephrine.
Headache, anorexia, GI disturbances, palpitations, edema, flushing, nasal congestion, lacrimation, rash, tachycardia, angina, orthostatic hypotension, blood dyscrasias, peripheral neuritis, SLE.
Formerly known under the brand names Apresoline (inj, tabs); Dralzine (tabs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses