Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 7.5mg, acetaminophen 325mg; per 15mL soln; contains alcohol (7%); tropical fruit punch flavor.
Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Indications for HYCET:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
Administer with calibrated measuring device. ≥14yrs (≥46kg): 15mL every 4–6 hours as needed; max 90mL/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. Administer with calibrated measuring device. Dosing should be based on weight (0.27mL/kg). 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 3.75mL. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 5mL. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 7.5mL. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 10mL. All: give every 4–6 hours as needed; max: 6 doses/day.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. Severe renal or hepatic disease: monitor liver and renal function tests periodically. GI or GU obstruction. Post-op use. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C) (neonatal withdrawal syndrome). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiation with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, antihistamines, antipsychotics, antianxiety drugs). May potentiate or be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants.
Opioid + analgesic.
CNS/respiratory/circulatory depression, hypotension, dizziness, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention, rash; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Soln—473mL (1 pint)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records