"Detecting depression in the emergency department is of utmost importance," Dr. Brickman and colleagues wrote in their publication.
Risk highest among patients with psych symptoms pre-ICU/psych distress symptoms while in ICU
This nationwide population-based cohort study is currently the largest study to examine infections as a predictor of death by suicide.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
No significant effect was found for preventing or treating delirium during hospitalization with antipsychotic medications.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nonsuicidal Self-Injury: Proper Identification and Treatment
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- Mortality Increased in Patients Recently Discharged From Inpatient Treatment
- Depression, Anxiety Found in Patients With Photophobia
- Increased Risk of Low-Functioning Autism for Children of Migrant Parents
- Bipolar Disorder: QoL Affected by Depression, Irritiability
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene
- Psychosocial Factors, Risk Behaviors in HIV Improved by Intervention
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs
- Women With Mental Illness Have Lower Cervical Cancer Screening Rates