"Detecting depression in the emergency department is of utmost importance," Dr. Brickman and colleagues wrote in their publication.
Risk highest among patients with psych symptoms pre-ICU/psych distress symptoms while in ICU
This nationwide population-based cohort study is currently the largest study to examine infections as a predictor of death by suicide.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
No significant effect was found for preventing or treating delirium during hospitalization with antipsychotic medications.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy