"Detecting depression in the emergency department is of utmost importance," Dr. Brickman and colleagues wrote in their publication.
Risk highest among patients with psych symptoms pre-ICU/psych distress symptoms while in ICU
This nationwide population-based cohort study is currently the largest study to examine infections as a predictor of death by suicide.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
No significant effect was found for preventing or treating delirium during hospitalization with antipsychotic medications.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's