A study investigated age-related differences in the level of functional and cognitive impairment in 122 adults with hoarding disorder.
A form of obsessive-compulsive disorder, hoarding is characterized by a fear of making mistakes in what to keep or discard similar to "obsessions," while urges to save or acquire new items seem similar to "compulsions."
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- PTSD Symptoms May Be Eased by Non-Invasive Neurotechnology
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs
- Alzheimer's Drugs See Steep Drop in Adherence