A study investigated age-related differences in the level of functional and cognitive impairment in 122 adults with hoarding disorder.
A form of obsessive-compulsive disorder, hoarding is characterized by a fear of making mistakes in what to keep or discard similar to "obsessions," while urges to save or acquire new items seem similar to "compulsions."
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention: Cross-Cultural Perspectives
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Which Antidepressants May Cause Birth Defects?
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder