Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.5%; isopropyl alcohol 70%.
Molnlycke Health Care Inc.
Indications for HIBISTAT:
Germicidal hand rinse.
Adults and Children:
Rub into hands vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Avoid eyes, ears, mouth. May cause deafness if instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. Discontinue if irritation, sensitization, allergic reaction occurs. Premature infants or aged <2mos. Product is flammable.
Irritation, sensitization, allergic reactions (may be severe).
Soln—4oz, 8oz; Towelettes (5mL)—50
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age