HEMOFIL M Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (human) 220–400 IU, 401–800 IU, 801–1700 IU, 1701–2000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains albumin.
Indications for HEMOFIL M:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes in Hemophilia A.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse at rate of up to 10mL/min. Monitor pulse rate; if increased significantly, reduce infusion rate or hold. Hemorrhage: Mild: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 1–3 days until resolved. Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; give every 12–24hrs for 3 days or until pain or disability resolved. Life-threatening: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; give every 8–24hrs until resolved. Surgery: Minor: obtain 60–80% FVIII increase; give single infusion plus oral antifibrinolytic therapy within 1 hour; Major: pre- and post-op: obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; repeat every 8–24hrs based on healing.
Mouse protein sensitivity.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Allergic reactions, nausea, fever, chills, urticaria, antibody formation.
Report all infections suspected to be transmitted by Hemofil M to (800) 423-2862.
Single-dose bottle—1 (w. diluent, needles)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder