HELIXATE FS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (recombinant) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains sucrose; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for HELIXATE FS:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes or in order to perform emergency or elective surgery in Hemophilia A patients.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 5–10minutes if tolerated. Minor hemorrhage: 10–20 IU/kg; may repeat dose if needed. Moderate/major hemorrhage or minor surgery: 15–30 IU/kg; may repeat 1 dose at 12–24hrs if needed. Major/life-threatening hemorrhage, fractures or head trauma: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then 20–25 IU/kg every 8–12hrs. Major surgery: pre-op dose: 50 IU/kg (verify ~100% activity prior to surgery); may repeat after 6–12hrs initially, and for 10–14 days until completely healed.
Mouse or hamster protein sensitivity.
Not for treating von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, dizziness, rash, dysgeusia, increased BP, pruritus, depersonalization, GI upset, rhinitis; antibody formation, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use bottle—1 (w. diluent)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV