A study suggests that female physicians do not use as many codes as their male counterparts, resulting in a reimbursement gap.
Extra-small-network plan has less expensive monthly premium than large-network plan.
Hospitals in states with Medicaid expansions had an increase of $3.2 million in mean annual Medicaid revenue per hospital.
Despite offering assistance to those who cannot afford medications, programs create broader problems.
How does the U.S. health care system perform relative to other countries on various dimensions of efficiency?
More than 80% of males and 87% of females who died from a subsequent suicide attempt did so within 12 months of their first attempt.
Incentive payments to doctors did not improve quality of care.
The longer autism spectrum disorder insurance mandates remained in place, the more that mandate-associated treated prevalence increased.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Naloxone is an opioid antagonist that reverses the respiratory depression characteristic of opioid overdose.
The Role of Psychiatrists as Naloxone Advocates
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
Overall, almost half of older Medicare beneficiaries who died in 2012 had persistent high spending throughout the final year of life.
How do we make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and higher quality?
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- New ADHD Pharmacologic Treatments Needed But Few Are On the Way
- Exploring Diagnostic and Treatment Options for Agitation
- Increased Alzheimer's Disease Risk in Hospital-Treated Patients
- Early Bipolar Depression Response to Lurasidone Treatment
- Alzheimer's Disease Patients May Have Levels of Neuroinflammation
- Sleep Disorders Go Undiagnosed Among Many Black People
- Quetiapine-XR Effective on Depressive Symptoms, Substance Use Disorder
- Sleep Behavior, Irritability May Be an Early Symptom of Alzheimer's Disease
- Metabolic, Endocrine Profiles Examined in Long-term Schizophrenia Therapy
- Adolescents With Schizophrenia Prove Able to Tolerate Lurasidone