A study suggests that female physicians do not use as many codes as their male counterparts, resulting in a reimbursement gap.
Extra-small-network plan has less expensive monthly premium than large-network plan.
Hospitals in states with Medicaid expansions had an increase of $3.2 million in mean annual Medicaid revenue per hospital.
Despite offering assistance to those who cannot afford medications, programs create broader problems.
How does the U.S. health care system perform relative to other countries on various dimensions of efficiency?
More than 80% of males and 87% of females who died from a subsequent suicide attempt did so within 12 months of their first attempt.
Incentive payments to doctors did not improve quality of care.
The longer autism spectrum disorder insurance mandates remained in place, the more that mandate-associated treated prevalence increased.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
Naloxone is an opioid antagonist that reverses the respiratory depression characteristic of opioid overdose.
The Role of Psychiatrists as Naloxone Advocates
Average payment for patient admission increased more than 110% at hospitals that were part of the largest multi-hospital systems, compared with 70% at all other hospitals.
Overall, almost half of older Medicare beneficiaries who died in 2012 had persistent high spending throughout the final year of life.
How do we make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and higher quality?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Healthcare Community Should Favor More Restrictive Alcohol Policies
- How to Respond to a Patient's Request for Prayer: A Clinician's Dilemma
- Major Barriers to Useful Risk Prediction Must Be Overcome to Reach the Full Potential of Big Data
- ACA Coverage Gains Include Workers Without Insurance
- Steps Provided for Discharging Patients From Practice