HALFLYTELY w. FLAVOR PACKS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polyethylene glycol 3350 210g, sodium chloride 5.6g, potassium chloride 0.74g, sodium bicarbonate 2.86g; per 2 liter of soln; pwd for reconstitution; with orange, lemon-lime, or cherry flavor packs; bisacodyl 5mg (1 e-c delayed-release tab).
Braintree Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for HALFLYTELY w. FLAVOR PACKS:
Bowel cleansing before colonoscopy.
No solid food or milk on day of prep. Take 1 bisacodyl tab (swallow whole). After 1st bowel movement (up to 6 hrs later) drink 240mL soln every 10 minutes until 2 liters consumed. May interrupt if severe GI disturbances occur. Consume only clear liquids after drinking solution until colonoscopy.
GI obstruction or perforation. Gastric retention. Toxic colitis. Toxic megacolon. Ileus.
Maintain adequate hydration; if significant vomiting or signs of dehydration occur, consider post-colonoscopy tests (eg, electrolytes, creatinine, BUN). Correct electrolyte abnormalities before treatment. Conditions that increase risk for fluid/electrolyte disturbances. Hyponatremia. Renal impairment. Risk of arrhythmias (eg, prolonged QT, uncontrolled arrhythmias, recent MI, unstable angina, CHF, cardiomyopathy); consider pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs. Alcohol/benzodiazepine withdrawal. History of seizures. Severe active ulcerative colitis. Impaired gag reflex or risk of aspiration or regurgitation; monitor. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Drugs administered within 1 hour of start of HalfLytely may not be absorbed. Do not take antacids within 1 hour of bisacodyl tab. Caution with drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, tricyclics) and with concomitant drugs that increase risk of electrolyte abnormalities (eg, diuretics, ACE inhibitors, ARBs, NSAIDs).
Isosmotic bowel cleanser + stimulant laxative.
Overall discomfort, abdominal fullness, cramping, nausea, vomiting; possible ischemic colitis.
Kit (HalfLytely 2L w. flavor packs + bisacodyl 1 tab)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Bipolar Depression Benefits From Midday Bright Light Therapy