GYNOL II EXTRA STRENGTH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 3% (150mg/applicatorful); contraceptive jelly; contains parabens.
Personal Products Co.
Indications for GYNOL II EXTRA STRENGTH:
1 teaspoonful spread over the surface and rim of diaphragm prior to intercourse provides 6 hrs protection. Reapply prior to each intercourse (if used with diaphragm do not remove diaphragm; use applicator). Do not remove before 6 hrs following intercourse. Extr Str may be used with condom or alone: 1 applicatorful into vagina up to 1 hr before intercourse and before each additional intercourse. For all: use with each intercourse regardless of day of menstrual cycle.
Discontinue if irritation occurs.
Local vaginal or penile irritation.
Gynol—2.5oz, 3.8oz (w. applicator)
Gynol Ext Str—2.85g (w. applicator)
Ortho-Gynol—3.8oz (w. applicator)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder