Dr Twillman, Executive Director for the American Academy of Pain Management, emphasizes the fact that CDC guidelines on opioids are expert- and not evidence-based.
In an update of their 2009 guidelines, the US Preventive Services Task Force has provided updated recommendations for screening for depression in adults.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Sleep Disorders: How to Manage Headaches in Patients?
- Anxiety and ADHD in Patients With Single-Ventricle Congenital Heart Disease
- Alcohol Use Disorder Diagnosis Stable From DSM-IV to DSM-5
- Opioid Cravings Reduced by Medication from ER Visits
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Patients With HCV Cured of Infection
- Naltrexone-Assisted Detox vs Buprenorphine Taper for Opioid Dependence
- Pediatric Patients Should Undergo Electrocardiogram Assessment Before Antipsychotic Treatment
- Best Practices for Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Health Effects and Therapeutic Benefits of Cannabis
- Benzodiazepines Increase Stroke Risk in Alzheimer's