Dr Twillman, Executive Director for the American Academy of Pain Management, emphasizes the fact that CDC guidelines on opioids are expert- and not evidence-based.
In an update of their 2009 guidelines, the US Preventive Services Task Force has provided updated recommendations for screening for depression in adults.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nonsuicidal Self-Injury: Proper Identification and Treatment
- Treatment-Resistant Depression: Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy Vs Treatment As Usual
- Mortality Increased in Patients Recently Discharged From Inpatient Treatment
- Depression, Anxiety Found in Patients With Photophobia
- Increased Risk of Low-Functioning Autism for Children of Migrant Parents
- Bipolar Disorder: QoL Affected by Depression, Irritiability
- Psychosis in Alzheimer's Disease Induced by Female-Specific Gene
- Psychosocial Factors, Risk Behaviors in HIV Improved by Intervention
- Bipolar Disorder Mobile Apps May Not Address Consumer Needs
- Women With Mental Illness Have Lower Cervical Cancer Screening Rates