Granisetron HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Granisetron HCl 1mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Granisetron HCl Tablets:
Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy (including high-dose cisplatin), and with radiation (including total body irradiation and fractionated abdominal radiation).
Chemotherapy: give only on the days chemotherapy is given. 2mg up to 1 hour before chemotherapy; or, 1mg up to 1 hour before chemotherapy, then 1mg 12 hours after initial dose. Radiation: 2mg within 1 hour of radiation.
Use IV form.
Abdominal surgery. May mask progressive ileus and/or gastric distention. Pre-existing arrhythmias or cardiac conduction disorders. Cardiac disease, concomitant cardio-toxic chemotherapy or electrolyte abnormalities: increased risk of QT prolongation. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with drugs that affect CYP450 or prolong the QT interval.
Selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Headache, asthenia, diarrhea, constipation; QT prolongation.
Formerly known under the brand name Kytril.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder