Granisetron HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Granisetron HCl 1mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Granisetron HCl Tablets:
Prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy (including high-dose cisplatin), and with radiation (including total body irradiation and fractionated abdominal radiation).
Chemotherapy: give only on the days chemotherapy is given. 2mg up to 1 hour before chemotherapy; or, 1mg up to 1 hour before chemotherapy, then 1mg 12 hours after initial dose. Radiation: 2mg within 1 hour of radiation.
Use IV form.
Abdominal surgery. May mask progressive ileus and/or gastric distention. Pre-existing arrhythmias or cardiac conduction disorders. Cardiac disease, concomitant cardio-toxic chemotherapy or electrolyte abnormalities: increased risk of QT prolongation. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Caution with drugs that affect CYP450 or prolong the QT interval.
Headache, asthenia, diarrhea, constipation; QT prolongation.
Formerly known under the brand name Kytril.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses