Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 400mcg; per pkt; sublingual powder.
Indications for GONITRO:
Acute relief of angina attack. Acute prophylaxis of angina pectoris.
Treatment: 1 or 2 packets (400mcg/packet) sublingually at onset, may give 1 additional packet every 5 mins as needed; max 3 packets in 15 mins. Prophylaxis: 5–10 mins before activity.
Concomitant PDE-5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), soluble guanylate cyclase stimulators (eg, riociguat). Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute circulatory failure or shock.
Hypotensive (constrictive pericarditis, aortic or mitral stenosis) or volume depleted. Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. Use lowest effective dose. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension potentiated by PDE-5 inhibitors, riociguat, antihypertensives, beta-adrenergic blockers, calcium channel blockers. Potentiated by high-dose aspirin. May antagonize tissue-type plasminogen activators (t-PA). Avoid ergotamine and related drugs; monitor if unavoidable.
Headache, dizziness, paresthesia, hypotension.
Pwd pkts—12, 36, 96
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder