Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; reagent strips (glucose oxidase).
Bayer Corp, Diagnostics Div.
Indications for GLUCOSTIX:
Determination of whole blood glucose.
Adults and Children:
Test according to package directions. May be read visually or by glucometer.
Neonatal blood specimens.
Discard 4 months after opening.
Ascorbic acid, uric acid, fluorides, high blood lipids, extremes in hematocrit may interfere.
Strips—25, 50, 100
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Sleep Apnea Implant Device Receives FDA Approval
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Dysfunction a Sign of Prodromal Parkinson Disease