Dexmedetomidine reduced postoperative delirium by 14% in elderly patients following cardiac surgery.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
The extent or severity of physical ailments and functional impairment needs to be carefully examined in order to successfully prevent suicide in late life.
Dementia risk was particularly elevated in patients with depression who had higher scores on cognitive tests at baseline.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
Interventions are needed to enhance adherence to prescribed medications, especially in older adults experiencing new episodes of depression.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
The intake of dietary fiber among people living in the United States remains low, according to the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Modifiable risk factors (eg, smoking, hypertension, sedentary behavior, overweight/obesity, and social engagement) contribute to nearly half of documented dementia cases.
In older adults, driving cessation can be linked to a variety of health problems, including depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Family History of Psychiatric Disorders an Important Predictor of Postpartum Psychiatric Illness
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy Effective for Treating PTSD in Veterans, First Responders
- Antidepressant Use May Be Linked With Sustained Risk for Weight Gain
- Early Intervention Services Superior to Treatment as Usual for Early-Phase Psychosis
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- Cannabidiol Not Associated With Improvement in Chronic Schizophrenia
- New Dimensions in Psychopathy: Are There Cultural Differences in Psychopaths?
- Addressing Psychiatric Comorbidities in Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Exploring the Link Between Persistent Infection, Inflammation, and Mood Disorders
- CDC: No Change in Level of Uninsured in US in 2017
- Benefit of Behavioral Activation During TMS for Major Depressive Disorder