Dexmedetomidine reduced postoperative delirium by 14% in elderly patients following cardiac surgery.
In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
The extent or severity of physical ailments and functional impairment needs to be carefully examined in order to successfully prevent suicide in late life.
Dementia risk was particularly elevated in patients with depression who had higher scores on cognitive tests at baseline.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
Interventions are needed to enhance adherence to prescribed medications, especially in older adults experiencing new episodes of depression.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
The intake of dietary fiber among people living in the United States remains low, according to the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Modifiable risk factors (eg, smoking, hypertension, sedentary behavior, overweight/obesity, and social engagement) contribute to nearly half of documented dementia cases.
In older adults, driving cessation can be linked to a variety of health problems, including depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Antidepressant Use and Dementia Risk in the Elderly
- Risk for Adverse Outcomes With Antidepressants in Dementia
- Chronic Alcohol Use Disorder Symptoms Occur Regardless of Social Status
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress