In 2016, an estimated 5.4 million US adults have Alzheimer disease.
The extent or severity of physical ailments and functional impairment needs to be carefully examined in order to successfully prevent suicide in late life.
Dementia risk was particularly elevated in patients with depression who had higher scores on cognitive tests at baseline.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
Interventions are needed to enhance adherence to prescribed medications, especially in older adults experiencing new episodes of depression.
Today, most people in the developed world are in hospitals at the end of their lives.
The intake of dietary fiber among people living in the United States remains low, according to the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
Modifiable risk factors (eg, smoking, hypertension, sedentary behavior, overweight/obesity, and social engagement) contribute to nearly half of documented dementia cases.
Aerobic physical exercise produces numerous health benefits in the brain and may help you live longer.
No significant effect was found for preventing or treating delirium during hospitalization with antipsychotic medications.
Nonpharmacologic management with multidisciplinary teams warranted due to lack of effective pharmacologic options.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Updates in Borderline Personality Disorder: Your Questions Answered
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Shame Drives Suicidal Ideation Among Veterans With PTSD
- Long-term Healthy Diet Associated With Greater Hippocampal Volumes
- FDA to Ban Most Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders
- Happy Childhood Memories Associated With Better Health
- FDA Launches MyStudies Mobile App in Effort to Increase Access to Real World Patient Data
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression