Embracing all the myriad variations of the human genome should, in theory, lead to rewards that all can share.
Interaction of Proline and COMT Genotype Influences Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia & Bipolar DisorderSeptember 27, 2016
The authors explored whether valproate (VPA) treatment effects vary by catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genotype.
It is hypothesized that multiple single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) work together to influence risk of complex neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
Genetic factors and the environment patients share with their partner or spouse may determine their risk of developing chronic pain and help explain the association between chronic pain and depression.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Investigators used decomposition methods to examine the relative importance of genetic and environmental components to the burden of ADHD.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Appropriate study planning from the outset is one step that can help improve interpretability.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
Approximately 30% of users exhibit signs of marijuana abuse or dependence.
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Schizophrenia Medication With Digital Ingestion Sensor
- Increased Depression Severity Following Childhood Exposure to Adversity, Risk
- Suboptimal Neuromotor Development Related to Genetic Risk for Schizophrenia
- Effectiveness of Sertraline in Depressed Patients With Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease
- No Association Between Comorbid Anxiety Disorders, Suicide Attempts
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Reduces PTSD Symptoms
- Micronutrients Improve Some Symptoms of ADHD
- Long-Acting Injectable Antipsychotics Delay Schizophrenia Relapse
- Transcranial Stimulation Reduces Auditory Hallucinations in Schizophrenia
- Postpartum Anxiety, Depression Reduced by Probiotics
- Borderline Personality Disorder: Not Just an Adult Condition
- Prior Mental Disorders Linked to Subsequent Onset of Chronic Back or Neck Pain
- Posttreatment Brain Effects of Psilocybin in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Brexanolone Trials Show Positive Results in Reducing Symptoms of Postpartum Depression
- ADHD Medication Exposure Associated With Increased Neonatal Mortality