Embracing all the myriad variations of the human genome should, in theory, lead to rewards that all can share.
Interaction of Proline and COMT Genotype Influences Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia & Bipolar DisorderSeptember 27, 2016
The authors explored whether valproate (VPA) treatment effects vary by catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genotype.
It is hypothesized that multiple single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) work together to influence risk of complex neuropsychiatric disorders such as depression.
Genetic variation can increase the predisposition to major depressive disorder.
Genetic factors and the environment patients share with their partner or spouse may determine their risk of developing chronic pain and help explain the association between chronic pain and depression.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Investigators used decomposition methods to examine the relative importance of genetic and environmental components to the burden of ADHD.
Early life trauma interacts with FKBP5 genotype to predict heavy alcohol consumption in college students.
Appropriate study planning from the outset is one step that can help improve interpretability.
To date, there are no validated biomarkers to independently assess Parkinson Disease diagnosis and prognosis, or to measure disease severity.
Preventing Transgenerational Effects of Paternal Trauma
Approximately 30% of users exhibit signs of marijuana abuse or dependence.
Extreme trauma affects FKBP5 methylation in survivors of the Holocaust as well as in their offspring.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Amisulpride May Be Most Effective Antipsychotic for Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia
- Frustrations With Prior Authorization: A Thorn in the Side of Clinicians
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy Beneficial for Neurocognitive Function in Autism
- The Crisis of Physician Suicides: Past and Present
- Affective Temperaments in Bipolar Have a Significant Impact on Functional, Clinical Outcomes of Mania
- Ketamine: A Promising Agent for Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Patterns of Healthcare Use Before Diagnosis of Psychotic Disorders in Young Adults