Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 100mg/5mL; oral concentrate; preservative-free.
Indications for GASTROCROM:
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. ≥13yrs: 200mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. <2yrs: usually not recommended; see literature. 2–12yrs: 100mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction, reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Headache, GI upset, pruritus, myalgia, rash, irritability, malaise.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double