Generic Name and Formulations:
Cromolyn sodium 100mg/5mL; oral concentrate; preservative-free.
Indications for GASTROCROM:
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. ≥13yrs: 200mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Mix contents of amp in water and drink. <2yrs: usually not recommended; see literature. 2–12yrs: 100mg 4 times daily, at regular intervals, ½ hour before meals and at bedtime; may increase if insufficient response within 2–3 weeks. Max 40mg/kg per day; maintain at lowest effective dose.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction, reduce dose. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Mast cell stabilizer.
Headache, GI upset, pruritus, myalgia, rash, irritability, malaise.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder