Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadobutrol 604.72mg/mL (1mmol/mL); soln for IV inj; preservative-free.
Indications for GADAVIST:
For use with MRI: in adults and children (including term neonates) to detect and visualize areas with disrupted blood brain barrier and/or abnormal vascularity of the CNS; or, to assess the presence and extent of malignant breast disease.
Adults and Children:
Give 0.1mL/kg (0.1mmol/kg) IV at a rate of 2mL/second, followed by a saline flush (to ensure complete injection).
Increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis among patients with renal impairment (eg, >60yrs, diabetes mellitus, chronic hypertension). Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR <30mL/min/1.73m2). Acute kidney injury. Screen for renal impairment and other conditions. Do not exceed recommended dose; allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. History of reaction to contrast media, asthma and/or allergic disorders. Have resuscitative equipment available. Monitor for signs/symptoms of hypersensitivity reactions. Avoid extravasation. Gadavist MRI may overestimate extent of malignancy in the diseased breast up to 50% of patients. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs.
Paramagnetic contrast agent (Gadolinium-based).
Headache, nausea, dizziness; nephrogenic systemic fibrosis, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-dose vials (2mL)—15; (7.5mL, 10mL, 15mL)—20; Single-use prefilled syringes (7.5mL, 10mL, 15mL)—5
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV