Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; fetal fibronectin enzyme immunoassay.
Indications for FULLTERM:
Aid in assessing risk of preterm delivery in ≤7 or ≤14 days from the time of cervicovaginal sample collection in women with signs/symptoms of early preterm labor, intact amniotic membranes, and minimal cervical dilation (<3cm), sampled between ≥24 weeks and <35 weeks gestation. Aid in assessing risk of preterm delivery in <35 weeks during routine prenatal visit between 22 weeks and <31 weeks gestation in women with singleton gestation.
See literature. Not for women with advanced cervical dilatation, ruptured amniotic membranes, cervical cerclage, moderate or gross vaginal bleeding. Collect vaginal sample before any activities that may disrupt cervix (eg, coitus, cervical examinations, vaginal ultrasound, pap smear).
Lubricants, soaps, disinfectants may interfere with test results.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses