Generic Name and Formulations:
In vitro test; fetal fibronectin enzyme immunoassay.
Indications for FULLTERM:
Aid in assessing risk of preterm delivery in ≤7 or ≤14 days from the time of cervicovaginal sample collection in women with signs/symptoms of early preterm labor, intact amniotic membranes, and minimal cervical dilation (<3cm), sampled between ≥24 weeks and <35 weeks gestation. Aid in assessing risk of preterm delivery in <35 weeks during routine prenatal visit between 22 weeks and <31 weeks gestation in women with singleton gestation.
See literature. Not for women with advanced cervical dilatation, ruptured amniotic membranes, cervical cerclage, moderate or gross vaginal bleeding. Collect vaginal sample before any activities that may disrupt cervix (eg, coitus, cervical examinations, vaginal ultrasound, pap smear).
Lubricants, soaps, disinfectants may interfere with test results.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders