FLUZONE INTRADERMAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent inactivated "split virus" influenza vaccine (Types A and B); 0.1mL dose contains a total of 27mcg of influenza virus hemmagglutinin; formulation changes annually; susp for intradermal inj.
Sanofi Pasteur, Inc.
Indications for FLUZONE INTRADERMAL:
18–64yrs: One dose per year. 0.1mL intradermally in the region of the deltoid.
<18yrs: not recommended. Use Fluzone IM.
Allergy to egg proteins. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C for IM and High-Dose; Cat.B for Intradermal, Intradermal Quadrivalent). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants: may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness, swelling, erythema), malaise, headache, myalgia, irritability.
Fluzone, Fluzone Quadrivalent prefilled syringe (0.25mL, 0.5mL)—10; Single-dose vial (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone multi-dose vial (5mL)—1 (contains thimerosal); Fluzone High-Dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—10; Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent single-dose prefilled microinjection system (0.1mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children