Generic Name and Formulations:
Flurazepam HCl 15mg, 30mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flurazepam:
15–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 15mg at bedtime.
<15yrs: not recommended.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid prolonged use. Withdraw gradually. Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic disease. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol and other CNS depressants.
CNS depression, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), ataxia, headache, GI upset, paradoxical excitement; blurred vision, anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder