Generic Name and Formulations:
Flurazepam HCl 15mg, 30mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flurazepam:
15–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 15mg at bedtime.
<15yrs: not recommended.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid prolonged use. Withdraw gradually. Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic disease. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol and other CNS depressants.
CNS depression, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), ataxia, headache, GI upset, paradoxical excitement; blurred vision, anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Cognitive Impairment May Predict Persistent Psychosis in Ketamine Users
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders