Generic Name and Formulations:
Flurazepam HCl 15mg, 30mg; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Flurazepam:
15–30mg at bedtime. Elderly or debilitated: initially 15mg at bedtime.
<15yrs: not recommended.
Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid prolonged use. Withdraw gradually. Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Pulmonary, renal, or hepatic disease. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol and other CNS depressants.
CNS depression, complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving), ataxia, headache, GI upset, paradoxical excitement; blurred vision, anaphylaxis, angioedema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Gestational Diabetes Associated With Increased Risk for Postpartum Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Smartphone-Based Psychoeducational Programs May Be Effective for Bipolar Disorder Management
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Risk Factors for Recurrent Suicide Attempts in Substance Use Disorder Outpatients