Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium fluoride 1.1%; gel; clean mint flavor.
Discus Dental, Inc.
Indications for FLUORIDEX:
Prevention of dental caries.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: Apply thin ribbon of gel to toothbrush, brush twice daily (AM & bedtime) for 2 minutes; expectorate. Avoid eating, drinking, or rinsing for 30 minutes afterwards. 6–16yrs: rinse mouth after use.
Not for systemic therapy; do not swallow. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other fluoride products (increased risk of fluorosis).
Fluorosis (if swallowed), allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders