Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium fluoride 1.1%; gel; clean mint flavor.
Discus Dental, Inc.
Indications for FLUORIDEX:
Prevention of dental caries.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: Apply thin ribbon of gel to toothbrush, brush twice daily (AM & bedtime) for 2 minutes; expectorate. Avoid eating, drinking, or rinsing for 30 minutes afterwards. 6–16yrs: rinse mouth after use.
Not for systemic therapy; do not swallow. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other fluoride products (increased risk of fluorosis).
Fluorosis (if swallowed), allergic reactions.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder