Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium fluoride 1.1%; gel; clean mint flavor.
DenMat Holdings LLC
Indications for FLUORIDEX:
Prevention of dental caries.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: Apply thin ribbon of gel to toothbrush, brush twice daily (AM & bedtime) for 2 minutes; expectorate. Avoid eating, drinking, or rinsing for 30 minutes afterwards. 6–16yrs: rinse mouth after use.
Not for systemic therapy; do not swallow. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Caution with other fluoride products (increased risk of fluorosis).
Fluorosis (if swallowed), allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Differences in Efficacy and Tolerability of ADHD Medications Across Age Groups
- Associations Between Hypovitaminosis D and Poorer Outcomes in Schizophrenia
- Oxycontin's Maker Now Selling Drug to Curb Opioid Addiction
- Comorbid Narcolepsy and Schizophrenia in Adolescents
- Ketamine in Electroconvulsive Therapy Accelerates Antidepressive Effects
- Quetiapine Exposure Does Not Appear to Increase Risk for Infant Malformations
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors May Increase Risk for Suboptimal Fetal Growth
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Prenatal Insecticide Exposure in Mother May Be Linked to Risk for Autism in Children