Generic Name and Formulations:
Trivalent, inactivated, adjuvanted (MF59C.1) influenza vaccine (virus types A and B); contains a total of at least 45mcg of hemagglutinin per 0.5mL dose; formulation changes annually; susp for IM inj; may contain trace amounts of neomycin, kanamycin, barium, egg proteins, formaldehyde; preservative-free.
Indications for FLUAD:
Influenza immunization for patients ≥65yrs of age.
<65yrs: not established. ≥65yrs: 0.5mL IM inj once in the deltoid; 1 dose per year.
Allergy to egg protein. Life-threatening reaction to any previous flu vaccine.
Use current formulation only. Have appropriate medical treatment and supervision readily available. Guillain-Barre syndrome within 6 weeks of previous flu vaccine. Immunosuppressed. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Concomitant vaccines: insufficient data (see full labeling). Immunosuppressants (eg, corticosteroids): may get suboptimal response.
Local reactions (eg, pain, tenderness), myalgia, headache, fatigue; syncope.
Single-dose prefilled syringe (0.5mL)—1, 10 (without needles)
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder