Ofloxacin Otic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ofloxacin Otic Solution:
Otitis externa in adults and children. Chronic suppurative otitis media in adults with perforated tympanic membrane. Acute otitis media in children with tympanostomy tubes.
Adults and Children:
<6mos: not established. Otitis externa: 6mos–13yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. ≥13yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) once daily. Both: treat for 7 days. Acute otitis media: 1–12yrs: 5 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 10 days. Chronic suppurative otitis media: ≥12yrs: 10 drops in affected ear(s) twice daily for 14 days.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Reevaluate if no improvement after 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pruritus, taste perversion, local reactions, dizziness, earache, headache, vertigo, superinfection, paresthesia, rash.
Formerly known under the brand name Floxin Otic.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses