Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 2.5mg, guaifenesin 200mg; per 5mL; oral soln; black raspberry flavor.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for FLOWTUSS:
Cough and to loosen mucus associated with the common cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥18yrs: 10mL every 4–6hrs. Max 6 doses (60mL) in 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Discontinue if respiratory depression occurs. Abuse potential (monitor). Avoid in head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Persistent or chronic cough (eg, smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema) or if excessive phlegm: not recommended. Diabetes. Thyroid disorders. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Antitussive + expectorant.
Dizziness, headache, sedation, nausea, decreased blood pressure; respiratory depression.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ADHD, Comorbid Bipolar Disorder Share Similar Neurocognitive Profiles
- Anxiety Prevention Interventions: How Effective Are They?
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Maternal Glucocorticoid Exposure Not Associated With ADHD in Offspring
- Ketamine Not Associated With PTSD Development in Military Trauma Setting
- Content, Quality Issues for Both Paper-Based and Electronic Health Records