FLOVENT DISKUS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone propionate 50mcg/inh, 100mcg/inh, 250mcg/inh; dry pwd for inhalation; blisters with inhalation device.
Indications for FLOVENT DISKUS:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for the relief of acute bronchospasm.
Previously on bronchodilators alone: initially 100mcg twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart); max 1000mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use. Titrate to lowest effective dose after stability achieved. Re-evaluate if inadequate control.
<4yrs: not established. 4–11yrs: Previously on bronchodilators alone: initially 50mcg twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart); max 100mcg twice daily. Rinse mouth after use. Titrate to lowest effective dose after stability achieved. Re-evaluate if inadequate control.
Primary treatment of status asthmaticus or other acute attacks requiring intensive measures. Severe milk protein hypersensitivity.
Maintain regular regimen. Infections. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with inhaled corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, lassitude). Change in vision or history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts; monitor. Monitor for reduction in bone mineral density if other osteoporosis risk factors exist; and for growth suppression in children; hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually). Eosinophilic conditions. Hepatic impairment (monitor). Transferring from oral corticosteroids: see full labeling. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ritonavir, ketoconazole): not recommended.
Upper respiratory tract infection/inflammation, throat irritation, sinusitis, rhinitis, oral candidiasis, nausea, vomiting, GI discomfort, fever, cough, bronchitis, headache; immunosuppression, adrenal suppression, bronchospasm, hypersensitivity reactions.
Diskus (60 blisters)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder