FLEET ENEMA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19g, dibasic sodium phosphate 7g; per 118mL; latex-free; contains 4.4g sodium per enema.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for FLEET ENEMA:
Occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal exam.
1 enema rectally daily; may be used up to 7 days. Results usually within 1–5mins; re-evaluate if no relief after 7 days.
Use other forms.
Megacolon. Bowel obstruction. Imperforate anus. CHF.
Sodium restricted diet. Impaired renal or cardiac function. Electrolyte disturbances. Colostomy. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs. Frequent use leads to dependence. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Electrolyte imbalances possible with calcium channel blockers, diuretics; use cautiously.
Original enema—133mL; Extra—230mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses