FLEET ENEMA EXTRA OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Monobasic sodium phosphate 19g, dibasic sodium phosphate 7g; per 197mL; latex-free; contains 4.4g sodium per enema.
Fleet, C.B., Company
Indications for FLEET ENEMA EXTRA:
Occasional constipation or bowel cleansing before rectal exam.
1 enema rectally daily; may be used up to 7 days. Results usually within 1–5mins; re-evaluate if no relief after 7 days.
Use other forms.
Megacolon. Bowel obstruction. Imperforate anus. CHF.
Sodium restricted diet. Impaired renal or cardiac function. Electrolyte disturbances. Colostomy. Discontinue if rectal bleeding or if no bowel movement occurs. Frequent use leads to dependence. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Electrolyte imbalances possible with calcium channel blockers, diuretics; use cautiously.
Original enema—133mL; Extra—230mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age