FLAGYL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Metronidazole 750mg; ext rel tabs.
Indications for FLAGYL ER:
Take 1 hr before or 2 hrs after meals. 750mg once daily for 7 days.
Pregnancy (1st trimester for trichomoniasis).
CNS disease. Discontinue if neurological symptoms occur. Severe hepatic disease: reduce dose. History of blood dyscrasias. Monitor leukocytes before and after therapy. Elderly: monitor serum levels. Pregnancy (Cat.B, 2nd and 3rd trimesters). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid alcohol during and for 3 days after use. Do not give within 2 weeks of disulfiram (possible psychotic reactions). May potentiate oral anticoagulants, phenytoin, lithium. Antagonized by phenobarbital, phenytoin, other hepatic enzyme inducers. May impair phenytoin clearance. Potentiated by cimetidine, other hepatic enzyme inhibitors. Interferes with serum chemistry tests.
GI upset, headache, metallic taste, dysuria, cystitis, incontinence, Candida overgrowth, seizures, peripheral neuropathy, ECT changes; neutropenia, pancreatitis (rare).
Tabs—50, 100; ER—30; Caps 375mg—50
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder