Generic Name and Formulations:
Icatibant 10mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for FIRAZYR:
Treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE).
≥18yrs: 30mg SC in abdominal area; may give additional doses at intervals of at least 6 hours if response inadequate or symptoms recur. Max 3 doses/24hrs.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Advise patients to seek medical attention after treating laryngeal attack given the potential for airway obstruction. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May attenuate the antihypertensive effect of ACE inhibitors.
Bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist.
Inj site reactions, pyrexia, transaminase increase, dizziness, rash.
Single-use prefilled syringe (3mL)—1, 3
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Buprenorphine, Methadone Combined With CNS Depressants May Lead to SAEs
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in HIV-Associated Depression
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress