FINACEA FOAM Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Azelaic acid 15%; foam; contains propylene glycol.
Indications for FINACEA FOAM:
≥18yrs: Wash and dry skin. Apply thin layer into affected areas twice daily (AM & PM). May apply cosmetics after gel dries.
<18yrs: not established.
Monitor patients with dark complexions for hypopigmentation. Discontinue if sensitivity or severe irritation develops. Avoid eyes, mouth, other mucous membranes, occlusive dressings, topical alcoholic products, abrasives, peeling agents. Reevaluate if no improvement after 12 weeks of treatment. Foam: flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, tingling, pruritus, scaling, dry skin, xerosis, erythema, irritation, edema, contact dermatitis, acne; worsening of asthma; foam: also application site pain.
Gel—50g tubes; Foam—50g cans
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder