FERRALET 90 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron (as carbonyl) 90mg, folic acid 1mg, Vit.B12 12mcg, Vit.C 120mg, docusate sodium 50mg; tabs; contains tartrazine.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for FERRALET 90:
Iron deficiency anemia.
Swallow whole. Take 2hrs after meals. 1 tab once daily.
Hemolytic anemia. Hemochromatosis. Hemosiderosis.
May mask pernicious anemia. Monitor hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocyte count periodically. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline, fluoroquinolone absorption. Aluminum- or magnesium-containing antacids inhibit iron absorption.
GI upset or irritation, constipation, dark stools, allergic sensitization.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of ADHD Relatively Stable Over Time Despite Increase in Diagnoses
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Evidence of Methylphenidate Abuse: Characterizing Patterns of Use in Pediatric and Adult Populations
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- Most Patients Comfortable With Clinicians Asking About Sexual Orientation
- Peer-to-Peer Depression Awareness Program May Be Beneficial
- Examining Rates of Long-term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders