Generic Name and Formulations:
Cervical cap; 22mm, 26mm, 30mm; made of silicone.
Indications for FEMCAP:
Use with spermicide.
History of toxic shock syndrome. Known or suspected uterine or cervical malignancy. Vaginal or cervical infections. Do not use during postpartum or postabortal periods or during menses.
Anatomical changes (eg, flat cervix). Do thorough gynecologic exam before placement and every 12 months thereafter. Leave in place for at least 6 hrs after intercourse; avoid continuous use for more than 48 hrs.
Kit (2 FemCaps + video)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age