Generic Name and Formulations:
Cervical cap; 22mm, 26mm, 30mm; made of silicone.
Indications for FEMCAP:
Use with spermicide.
History of toxic shock syndrome. Known or suspected uterine or cervical malignancy. Vaginal or cervical infections. Do not use during postpartum or postabortal periods or during menses.
Anatomical changes (eg, flat cervix). Do thorough gynecologic exam before placement and every 12 months thereafter. Leave in place for at least 6 hrs after intercourse; avoid continuous use for more than 48 hrs.
Kit (2 FemCaps + video)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV