Generic Name and Formulations:
Formulated bovine type I collagen (2.6%); topical gel.
Indications for EXCELLAGEN:
Management of wounds including: partial and full- thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, chronic vascular ulcers, tunneled/undermined wounds, surgical wounds (donor sites/graft, post-Moh’s surgery, post-laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence), trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, second-degree burns and skin tears) and draining wounds.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Perform debridement or excision prior to application. Apply a thin layer directly to the entire wound surface and edges. May be occluded with non-adherent, gauze and foam dressings; change dressings and reevaluate weekly. If healing is incomplete, gel may be reapplied; max once weekly.
Control excessive exudate, excessive bleeding, acute swelling, and/or infection before starting treatment. Discontinue or remove if infections, chronic inflammation, allergic reaction, excessive redness, pain, swelling occur. Do not freeze or reuse syringes. Avoid exposure to high temperature.
Wound care device.
Local reactions (eg, infections, inflammation, swelling).
Kit—1 (4 pre-filled, single-use [0.5mL] syringes w. applicators)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders